I think this would be a better way to structure a handicapped Breakaway. If you use the A B C structure there are quite a few folks who have not entered a bigger roping and would technically be classed as a B or C roper when in fact they are very capable of roping in the A. You have to watch them rope to see if they are actually properly classed. With a 3 or 4 D system the time establishes a class. You can use 1/4 sec or 1/2 sec splits, whatever is agreed on but that way it would balance it out.

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some of the Open and A ropers can rope well enough to manipulate their times to win in the in the 4D system. I don't think it would work in the roping.  I think it will be more of a lucky win wherever the split ends up for some.  I'd rather keep the handicapped BAW. It seem fair to me.  Move up the tougher ropers. It is a compliment!

Actually for a classification system to work the way its supposed to, you cant take the word or the roper.  you need to have the roper provide references from other ropers or producers stating what level they should be roping at.  But it doesnt just end there.  You need to put in consequences for other ropers or producers lying to get a lower classification fore their friends.  Something like all the ropers will get moved up a level for lying the first time and then a 6 month suspension for each time after that.  As for producers, maybe a probation for the first time and suspensions each time after.  Also allow producers or officers to reclassify at each roping if necessary.  if you see a roper that makes the first run and its plain to see that they are classified to low, then they can change their numbers or letters immediately, i.e. a BA roper is classified as a C and after their first calf its plain to see they can handle their horse and rope and are considerably faster than other ropers in the C, then the producer can immediately reclassify that roper to a higher letter and even into the open.   IF a producer does not reclassify this type of roper, then that producer could be suspended or fined or both. 

I see this as being the best way to insure all is fair.

Or here is another idea.  I dont know how many BA ropers are coming, but why is the BA one roping?  I mean you dont want a #9 in the #13, so why would you not have an open, an a, and a b, and a c BA roping?  Is there not enough BA ropers for each class to have its own roping?  that seems the best way to make it all fair.  Or am I just crazy for thinking of something different?  lol

Bobby Rosales said:

Actually for a classification system to work the way its supposed to, you cant take the word or the roper.  you need to have the roper provide references from other ropers or producers stating what level they should be roping at.  But it doesnt just end there.  You need to put in consequences for other ropers or producers lying to get a lower classification fore their friends.  Something like all the ropers will get moved up a level for lying the first time and then a 6 month suspension for each time after that.  As for producers, maybe a probation for the first time and suspensions each time after.  Also allow producers or officers to reclassify at each roping if necessary.  if you see a roper that makes the first run and its plain to see that they are classified to low, then they can change their numbers or letters immediately, i.e. a BA roper is classified as a C and after their first calf its plain to see they can handle their horse and rope and are considerably faster than other ropers in the C, then the producer can immediately reclassify that roper to a higher letter and even into the open.   IF a producer does not reclassify this type of roper, then that producer could be suspended or fined or both. 

I see this as being the best way to insure all is fair.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Wayne Needham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service